SEVEN SPECIES • TWO DAYS • ONE OF A KIND
The 2018 Herman Lucerne Memorial is a two-day tournament on September 21 -23, 2018 with a unique seven-species format to benefit the angler experience of Everglades National Park. Anglers are challenged to catch at least one Tarpon, Redfish, Snook, Seatrout, Snapper, Bonefish, and Black Drum. Awards are given in 22 individual categories at our ceremony hosted at the Islander Resort in Islamorada, FL.
Catch and Release
The Herman Lucerne Backcountry Fishing Championship is strictly a catch and release fishing tournament.
- Fishing shall be within the boundaries of Everglades National Park.
- Fishing in the Flamingo Marina is prohibited. The Flamingo Marina shall be defined as the area from the marina to the end of the first minimum wake area on either side of the marina.
- Anglers choosing to fish within designated NO MOTOR ZONES (NMZ) must adhere to all Park regulations and applicable laws. (Note: the stowing of canoe’s illegally within park boundaries at NMZ entrances or elsewhere will not be tolerated as this does not adhere to current Park regulations.)
- All team members must fish on the same boat during fishing hours.
Check-in / Check-out
Don’s: 5 am
Lorelei: 5:30 am
Don’s & Lorelei: Final time and scorecards to be turned in by 5pm
- Saturday, September 22, 2018, 6:30 A.M. to 3:00 P.M.
- Sunday, September 23, 2018, 6:30 A.M. to 3:00 P.M.
- All anglers must sign in each day prior to departure.
- Each team shall pick up its team package, which shall include a scorecard, measuring devices, boat number and a day marker each morning at the check in locations.
- Each team must return its camera memory card or cellphone and catch card to the tournament scorers located at the Lorelei, Islamorada or Don’s Bait and Tackle Shop in Homestead on Saturday, September 22nd and Sunday, September 23rd between 3 p.m. and 5 p.m.
- All measuring devices must be returned with the catch card on Sunday, September 23rd in order to enter the day’s final catches.