For over 30 years, MBG boat owners and their families have been coming together to share good food, fishing, and friendship. The charming Tarpon Lodge located in Pineland, FL will play host to this year’s Southwest Florida Owner’s Tournament for Maverick, Hewes, Pathfinder and Cobia owners and their guests. Located directly on the Pine Island Sound, the Tarpon Lodge is as well known for its proximity to world class fishing as it is for its exceptional dining. Join fellow MBG brand owners for a weekend of great fishing, food, and fun.
Dates: June 21st – June 22nd, 2019
Important: Please contact The Tarpon Lodge Resort directly at 239-283-3999 for room reservations. Call them early – rooms fill up quickly!
We look forward to seeing everyone in June!
6:00 – 8:00 pm Captain’s Meeting and Dinner
7am Lines in the Water
4pm Lines out of the Water
5:30 pm Scorecard turn-in deadline
6:30 pm Dinner and Awards Banquet
- All scoring will be done on the Angler’s honor. Each angler will turn in a signed score card to a tournament official no later than 5:30 pm.
- Minimum Size. In order to be recorded as catches, certain species of fish must have a minimum length as outlined on the score card. Only five fish per species may be scored per angler.
- Point System. Points will be awarded at the point value given to each species as noted on the scorecard and will be multiplied depending on the method of catch: bait X 1, artificial X 1.5, and fly X 2. Anglers may try to increase their point totals by catching multiple fish of the same species using different tackle, but only five fish per species will count towards the total. A species bonus of 50 points will be added to the day’s total for each different qualifying species scored above two species. For instance, 3 species = 150 bonus points, 4 species = 200 bonus points, and so on.
- Tackle. In the artificial and fly fishing categories, baits should be “pure lures.”
- Eligible Specis: Trout, Redfish, Snook, Tarpon, Cobia, Grouper, Snapper
Where is the captain’s meeting and awards ceremony banquet?
13771 Waterfront Drive
Pineland, FL 33945
May I bring guests to the captain’s meeting and award banquets who don’t plan on fishing?
Yes, see the registration form for Non-fishing Guest ticket which will include the Captain’s Meeting dinner on Friday night and the Awards Banquet on Saturday. Only those paying the full registration fee will receive tournament shirts and be eligible for the raffle.
Is there a secure place to keep my boat and trailer during the nights of the event?
Yes, secure parking will be provided by Tarpon Lodge
What is the closest boat ramp to Tarpon Lodge?
Pineland Marine , http://www.pinelandmarina.com/
Approximately 200 yards away.
Who is eligible to fish this tournament?
Owners of Maverick, Hewes, Pathfinder and Cobia boats and their guests.
Does this tournament have a cash payout?
No. Trophies will be awarded to the top lady angler, youth angler and overall top scorer. In addition, raffle tickets will be awarded to each angler in proportion to their overall score. (Higher score= more raffle tickets= greater chance to win to great raffle items.)
If I’m from out of town, how will I know where to fish and at what time according to the tides?
Local MBG Pro Staff members will be on hand at the captain’s meeting to discuss the where’s and how’s of fishing the area.
I don’t typically fish tournaments. Why should I fish this one?
We like to refer to these as Funamants. They are more about fun, family, good food and getting together with fellow MBG owners than competitive fishing. Every angler receives at least one raffle ticket and is eligible to win anything from Costa sunglasses to fishing tackle.
More questions? Contact Elliott Deal, email@example.com or (772) 465-0631,ext. 124