RedFly #16 Apollo Beach 2022
For information contact Capt. Jon Bull at 863-860-7250 or [email protected]
- Saturday, January 15, 2022.
- MANDATORY check in and captain's meeting on Saturday, 1/15/2022 at 5:30-6:45 am at Salty Shamrock Irish Pub. Each team, or solo angler, MUST bring their measuring device to be approved by tournament officials, to the captain’s meeting on 1/15/2022. The captain’s meeting will be at the Salty Shamrock Irish Pub (6816 US Hwy 41, Apollo Beach, FL 33572).
- Tournament boundaries are from Fred Howard Park to the north, to Gasparilla Pass to the south. Anglers can launch from any public ramp and must fish anywhere in between the boundaries, but lines may not be in the water prior to 7:00 am.
- $50.00 entry fee per 2-man team. $25.00 entry fee per solo angler. Registration fees will be collected at the captain’s meeting on 1/15/22. Tournament entry fees may be made with cash or Venmo to @shadowcastflyfishing.
- Weigh-in will be after the tournament from 3:00-4:00 pm on 1/15/2022. Anglers MUST be at the weigh-in NO LATER THAN 4:00 pm on 1/15/2022. Anglers arriving at 4:01pm will be disqualified. The weigh-in will be at the Salty Shamrock Irish Pub (6816 US Hwy 41, Apollo Beach, FL 33572).
- This is a catch-photo-and-release tournament. Each angler/team must provide at least one digital camera with a clear memory card or cell phone pictures will be allowed.
- Fly Fishing gear only. Bait scents may not be used. No live bait, dead bait, cut bait, frozen bait, chumming, or tipping is allowed. Anglers are also not allowed to fish another boat’s chum line or area while that boat is actively chumming.
- RedFly #16 anglers may wade or fish from a boat, canoe, kayak, paddleboard, shoreline, dock, bridge, pier, etc. Anglers fishing with a partner from a kayak, paddleboard, or wading must stay within 50 yards of their partner and their vessel.
- Largest 2 redfish total to the nearest ¼ inch will win. 100% payback. 1st place – 60%, 2nd place – 30%, 3rd place – 10%. Tie breakers will be determined by the earliest check in time.
- The whole fish must be in the picture along with approved measuring device and tournament marker. Pictures that do not meet tournament requirements will not be counted and will lead to disqualification.
- Required USCG safety gear must on board for those anglers fishing from a boat. Angler must also possess a valid Florida saltwater fishing license and adhere to all state fishing regulations. RedFly #16 tournament anglers will also show courtesy to other tournament and recreational anglers. RedFly #16 anglers will also be expected to follow the honor system in this tournament by sticking with fly-fishing gear and adhering to tournament rules. If you cheat in a fishing tournament, you are just pathetic and sad.
- There will be a prize raffle after the weigh-in at the Salty Shamrock Irish Pub. The raffle will take place around 5:00 pm on 1/15/2022. Tickets will be $5 each or 5 for $20. Cash or Venmo will be accepted for raffle tickets or donations. Venmo funds will be sent to @shadowcastflyfishing. 100% of ALL raffle proceeds will benefit Tampa Bay Waterkeeper.